- 1 Deli Kitchen Indian Spiced Wrap
- 250g pack of paneer, cut into 2cm cubes
- 5 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 450g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- For the panner marinade: ½ tsp ground turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp fine sea salt
- In a bowl, mix the turmeric, chilli powder and sea salt to create the panner marinade.
- With a fork, make a few holes in each paneer cube and then mix well with the marinade ingredients. You can fry these immediately but the paneer benefits from a longer marinating time, even overnight if possible.
- Fry the paneer in about 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan set over a medium-high heat until nicely browned, then remove and set aside.
- Add the spinach to a saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of water, and cook until wilted.
- Now heat oil in a clean frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and stir them around in the oil for about 30 seconds, then add the chilli powder and turmeric. Stir in the chopped garlic and fry until it is light golden brown in colour. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will turn bitter.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan and stir in the yogurt, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir in the fried paneer and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Set mixture aside in a bowl. Clean the pan and add fresh oil.
- Take a Deli Kitchen Indian Spiced wrap and place it in the pan.
- Add the saag paneer mixture, fold the wrap in half and flip to cook both sides.
- Slice and serve!