- 4-6 Deli Kitchen Plain Mini Wraps
- Beef short ribs with bone
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 700ml beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried chipotle chillies, seeds removed
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 200g mozzarella
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Rub the short ribs with 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook them on each side in a large pan over high heat to char – then remove the ribs from the heat and rest on a chopping board.
- In the same pan, add some more oil and the diced white onions to saute until light golden brown. Then add 3 chopped tomatoes, 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 dried chipotle chillies and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 700ml beef stock and stir well, then add the charred short ribs and cover with lid.
- Leave this to slow cook for 3-4 hours to make the ribs extra tender – the meat should slip off the bone.
- Whilst this cooks, chop up 1 red onion, 3 tomatoes, 1 bunch of coriander and add the juice of 1 lime. Mix this together in a bowl, and add a pinch of sugar or salt to elevate the taste of the salsa.
- Remove the beef rib meat and set aside in a bowl, adding some of the sauce to keep warm and cover.
- Grab a Deli Kitchen mini wrap, dip it into the birria sauce and then fry this in a pan over medium heat.
- Add 200g of mozzarella to the wrap in the pan, load on some of the shredded beef and fold the wrap in half to flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with bowls of the flavoursome birria sauce and fresh salsa to get dipping!