- 25g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Plain Flour
- 170ml Full Fat Milk, heated on a hob or in the microwave
- 170g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 140ml Ale
- 1 Tsp English Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Deli Kitchen Plain Naans
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Place the ale, mustard and Worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and place over medium heat and reduce until thick.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the flour to make a roux. Use a wooden spoon to continuously stir the roux for a few minutes so as to cook out the flour before gradually adding the hot milk to the pan in two to three batches, stirring constantly as you do so.
- Once all the milk is incorporated into the roux add the cheese to the pan and beat and cook until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the ale reduction to the sauce. Mix together well and check the seasoning.
- Allow the mix to cool slightly before beating in the egg yolks.
- Open a New York style dough ball and top with a few generous spoonfuls of the rarebit.
- Use the back of the spoon to spread the rarebit all over the base before launching the pizza into a 350oC/660oF Roccbox and baking for around 4 minutes, rotating regularly.
- Once baked, transfer to a chopping board, sprinkle over a little flaky salt and enjoy!